Our ancient ancestors had some unique methods of straightening teeth. One early technique required a servant to place pressure on a tooth for 24 hours a day, until the tooth had reached the proper position. This could take months. Then, the servant would switch to the next tooth. Today, we have many less intrusive means of creating perfect smile alignment. At Access Dental, we offer a wide range of orthodontic solutions for our Austin patients. If you want to straighten your smile, call our team to schedule an appointment in one of our four convenient locations. Our offices are located on Rundberg Lane, William Cannon Drive, E 7th Street, and Ed Bluestein. That means superior orthodontic treatment is always right around the corner. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Types of Orthodontics
We offer several orthodontics options and early intervention treatments. Still the most commonly used solution, traditional braces use brackets and wires to place pressure on teeth and move the bite into proper alignment. For kids who experience difficulty speaking or chewing due to severe bite alignment concerns, we may recommend early intervention or phase 1 orthodontics. These treatments create improved function in the primary teeth, and give your child a head start to better dental function once adult teeth erupt.
Your Orthodontic Consultation
During your orthodontic consultation, we will examine your smile. Using advanced diagnostic tools, we can clearly view the current alignment of your smile, and help you understand the necessary treatments to achieve the ideal positioning. We’ll be happy to answer your questions, review the cost of care, and help you find the treatment that fits your schedule and budget.
Benefits of Straight Teeth
Many patients still think looking great is the only benefit of straight teeth. In addition to improving the appearance of your smile, orthodontic treatment also provides a variety of other benefits, including:
- Improved confidence – you’ll look and feel your very best with a straight, healthy smile, and your confidence during personal and professional interactions will soar.
- Clearer speech – patients with misaligned jaws often develop impeded speech, and this is drastically improved following orthodontic correction.
- Less tooth damage – patients with perfectly aligned teeth are much less likely to experience tooth chips and cracks as their bite fits together properly and teeth receive even wear.
- Better function – when the bite is correctly positioned, patients are able to comfortably chew a wider variety of foods, speak more clearly, and smile brightly.
- Reduced discomfort – patients with misaligned bite often place excess strain on the small joints connecting the jaw to the skull. This can lead to severe discomfort or impeded jaw movement.